Praise the Lord

Sunday, March 18, 2007

He not only watches me, He watches over me.

I am thankful for today. I am thankful for the painful, the sorrowful, the despair, the disappointment, the hope, the love, the joy, the fun, the enjoying moments today. Each and every event just reminds me that God is really watching over me. He's really taking care of me. Every single event has its own meaning and they all add up to serve His plan. Oh, how mysterious He is but His grace and kindness has let me, this unworthy creature to enjoy and experience Him in my life.

Thankful that God allowed tiredness and unwellness on me, He reminded me to always depend on His Strength, not mine.

Thankful that God allowed pain and sorrow, He reminded me to turn my eyes on Him, not myself.

Thankful that God allowed disappointment, He reminded me that I should always put my confidence in Him.

Thankful that God made me see my weaknesses even more, understanding myself through my relationship with Him.

Thankful that God is an ALMIGHTY GOD. I shall not fear the darkness. I shall not fear telling people that I'm a Christian. I shall not fear telling people about Jesus.

Jesus answered and said to him, "What I am doing you do not understand now, but you will know after this." John 13:7

Let me end this short post with this beautiful poem by William Cowper, the author of the hymn "God Moves in a Mysterious Way"

Sometimes a light surprises the Christian while he sings;

It is the Lord, Who rises with healing in His wings

In Holy contemplation we sweetly then pursue

The theme of God's salvation, and find it ever new

Set free from present sorrow, we cheerfully can say,

Let the unknown tomorrow bring with it what it may.

It can bring with it nothing but He will bear us through;

Who gives the lilies clothing will clothe His people, too;

Beneath the spreading heavens, no creature but is fed;

And He Who feeds the ravens will give His children bread.

Though vine nor fig tree neither their wonted fruit should bear,

Though all the field should wither, nor flocks nor herds be there;

Yet God the same abiding, His praise shall tune my voice,

For while in Him confiding, I cannot but rejoice.

No comments: