Praise the Lord

Thursday, April 5, 2007

O that will be glory for me!


Where do we find our glory? Where does our glory lie?
Is it our pride? our fame? our reputation? our achievement? or maybe recognition, self-satisfaction? What is it that we are pursuing in this life?

Sometimes I ask myself that when I am too overwhelmed with things on earth.

Life offers so many alternatives of things for us to glorify. For us to put a crown on it. But I guess in God, it comes so naturally, gracefully and spontaneously for us. Like that image of drops of water which just naturally,gracefully and spontaneously form a crown. If you love His Words, do His Will, we will find glory in Him and will in the end be glorified because of Him.

This hymn is particularly touching to me, this evening :

O that will be glory for me

When all my labors and trials are o’er,
And I am safe on that beautiful shore,
Just to be near the dear Lord I adore,
Will through the ages be glory for me.

O that will be glory for me,
Glory for me, glory for me,
When by His grace I shall look on His face,
That will be glory, be glory for me.

When, by the gift of His infinite grace,
I am accorded in Heaven a place,
Just to be there and to look on His face,
Will through the ages be glory for me.

Friends will be there I have loved long ago;
Joy like a river around me will flow;
Yet just a smile from my Savior, I know,
Will through the ages be glory for me.

Such grace, such love, so that just to be near to Him, a look on His face and a smile from Him may be glory for us forever. Men try to find glories in worldly things in vain but let's by grace seek His face instead and feel the glory it brings with it for that is the eternal glory.



No comments: