Praise the Lord

Saturday, February 24, 2007

prayers and comments

Jeremiah 29:11-13

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
Oh Lord, teach us to trust in You with all my heart and not lean on my own understanding. For You have said that if in all our ways we acknowledge You, and You, the Almighty one will make our paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

We give thanks and we sing praises to You. Your promises are real, and they will never fail.

I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing.
Ezekiel 34:26


What are we without Your Grace, O God. In vain we labor, until You showered us with Your Grace, and like the hymn says, Your Grace is sufficient for us.
Teach us to see every day, every situation, be it good or bad, as blessings. Keep us near to You, so that we may know Your ways and walk in them.

Teach us to be humble.
We need Your grace to keep us humble.
Remind us of what Paul has reminded the Romans in Romans 12:3
For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.
Remind us not to measure ourselves from what we are doing for You, but what we have received from You, what we are able to do because of Christ in us. Remind us that it is never about us, it's about Christ in us. Remind us not to boast about ourselves, but boast about Christ in us, the strong and holy One.

Amen

C.H. Spurgeon says,

"You may feat that the Lord has passed you by, but that is not so. He who counts the stars and calls them by their names is in no danger of forgetting His own children. He knows your situation as thoroughly as if you were the only creature He ever made or the oly saint He ever loved. Approach Him, and be at peace."
Let us bear the cross while on earth. Bear it and rejoice, knowing that it will not be in vain.
Bear His Cross, and let us exchange it one day for a crown :)

Rejoice!

No comments: